Came across a great read from CallCentreHelper.com on tips for customer retention.
There are many forces at hand trying to weaken your customer retention rates:
– Increasing competition
– Emerging technologies
– Changing customer expectations
I’ve taken the liberty of rewriting their list of tips and condensing the article down to some strong bullet points.
Adopt two or three of these ideas for a boost in customer retention:
– Prep the customer for what’s coming next, prior to tranferring to another agent
– Add space in your CRM for interesting notes about the customer. Hobbies, Kids, Music, etc.
– Provide a comprehensive yet abbrieviated recap of what’s been discussed.
– Compile an easy-access list of save opportunities for different categories of customers and calls.
– Use analytics at hand to anticipate customer behavior based on experience and trending.
– Music on hold keeps the customers tapping their feet as they await pick-up.
– Be consistent in all channels: phone, email, web chat, social, etc.
– Place a higher value on FCR (first call resolution) as opposed to AHT (average hold time).
– Share successfull calls/stories among agents
– Let the customers know how happy you are to have solved their issue or answered their questions.
You can read the entire article from CallCentreHelper.com in its original form here: